"I am 3/4ths Canadian, and one 4th New Englander - I had ancestors on both sides in the Revolutionary war." - Elizabeth Bishop
____________________________________________

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Progress on the new bridge and road in Great Village

I have just now received this photograph from Great Village resident Patti Sharpe, showing another significant development with the new bridge in the village and the shift in trajectory of the road. My plan to hold an Open House at the EB House on Saturday has been deferred, as all the variables that would make it possible have not aligned. At this point, I think I will hold off until the spring, as yet again, Nova Scotia is in the sights of a nor'easter, which is dumping lost of snow in New England and will bring heavy rain and snow to the Great Village area. Winter arrives in earnest. By the spring, all the changes related to the bridge construction and road work will be past. But I thought you would like to see the latest development. Thanks, Patti, for taking this photograph.


No comments:

Post a Comment